Before I go any further, let me introduce myself. My name is Alexandra H. Anderson. I live in Seattle, Washington together with my husband Michael and our two, fluffy bichon/poodles, Misha and Nadya.
I started this blog in 2012 to empower people to take full responsibility for their own health and enjoyment of life by investigating, discussing, and critically rethinking everything we’ve assumed to be true about health and wellness.
My mission is to empower people to take full responsibility for their own health and enjoyment of life
by investigating, discussing, and critically rethinking everything we’ve assumed to be true about health
Why do I have a blog?
I believe that the more people talk about health with each other, the better. Taking charge of your health is up to you. I believe fundamentally in taking personal responsibility for everything that has ever happened or will ever happen to you – and this applies to health. I am convinced that this is the best, most proactive, effective way to live life. Now, more than ever, you cannot simply hand over your health to others. Take a look at the news: 40 million on their way to type 2 diabetes, a third of Americans morbidly obese, and on and on. I am passionate about changing this.
What is my health philosophy?
Really, my health philosophy is surprisingly simple. I follow a diet based on an understanding of evolutionary science. I think it’s more important to eat, move, and live according to how humans are designed and not according to society’s artificial developments of the last 100 years. Fortunately, this regimen is not only incredibly healthy, it’s quite simple.
In a nutshell:
– fresh, organic, unprocessed food – no junk!
– daily activity – whether it’s the gym or a walk, it all counts
– plenty of quality sleep
– plenty of water, no soda or sweetened drinks
– antioxidants galore – the key to limiting stress
– a good fish-oil supplement
– lots of essential fats, reckless amounts of vegetables, and clean protein
– time for fun – don’t take anything too seriously – ethical behavior – because what goes around comes around
– taking responsibility for yourself and your life – openness to new things and ideas
What are my top 5 values?
5) Curiosity: having a critical openness to new ideas
What’s my favorite way to exercise?
I love to speed walk, meditation, would love to explore yoga more. But, I’ll try my hand at just about anything.
For questions, criticisms, and outrage, shoot me a line via the contact form. I’m more than happy to respond to your thoughts, and I try my best to answer every email I get.